The state average has declined 24 cents since mid-April
Florida gas prices dropped 8 cents per gallon, last week. The state average has now declined three consecutive weeks, for a total discount of 24 cents per gallon, since mid-April.
On Sunday, the state average was $3.48 per gallon. That’s the lowest daily average price since April 6th.
“Weakness in the oil market has contributed to the recent drop in gas prices,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group. “That weakness has been driven by domestic economic concerns. Underwhelming Chinese economic indicators have also created uncertainty about global fuel demand. With continued volatility in the fuel market, it’s unclear whether this downward trend will continue in the lead-up to the busy Memorial Day travel weekend.”
The U.S. price of crude has fallen 15% during the past month. Friday’s closing price of $70.04 per barrel the lowest daily settlement in 7 weeks and $13.22/b less than the 2023 high – set on April 12th.
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.72), Naples ($3.61), Miami ($3.58)
- Least expensive metro markets – Pensacola ($3.14), Panama City ($3.15), Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($3.17)
Ways to Save on Gasoline
- Combine errands to limit driving time.
- Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
- Pay with cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
- Remove excess weight in your vehicle. Every 100 pounds taken out of the vehicle improves fuel economy by 1-2 percent.
- Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
AAA Resources for Drivers
- Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell’s Fuel Rewards program can save 30 cents per gallon on their first fill-up and 5 cents per gallon each additional trip to the pump. Click here for more information.
- Get a tune-up. Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained to optimize its fuel economy. Visit AAA.com/AutoRepair to find a certified repair shop.
- Find the lowest gas prices in your area by using the free AAA mobile app.
- Determine anticipated fuel costs for your trip by using the AAA’s Gas Cost Calculator.
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
|AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES|
(Price per gallon of regular unleaded gasoline)
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
Disclaimer: This article may require a subscription.